Guest blog by Professor Alan Emond, Emeritus Professor of Child Health, Bristol Medical School, University of Bristol
SafeTea is a national campaign which aims to reduce hot drink scalds to young children and promote burns first aid. The launch of the intervention will be on 16 October 2019, National Burn Awareness Day. The target audience is parents, grandparents and carers of children under 5 across the UK.
Primary care centres can participate in the campaign by:
- displaying posters, flyers or videos that are freely available on the SafeTea website.
- by following us on social media @SafeTeaCampaign on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- by taking the SafeTea pledge.
The key messages of the campaign are to:
- Keep hot drinks away from young children
- Never carry a hot drink whilst carrying a baby
- Never pass a hot drink over the heads of young children
- Make a